Have small brown patches on penis, shaft. Had sex with genital warts infected person. Applied vinegar. Now?

Dermatologist
Question
Hey i have small brown patches on my penis. shaft. They are not raised or rough. I have been tested and all tests came back negative. They did not appear till after i took some meds for claymidia which my doc thought i may have had. I think i may have had sex with a person with genital warts. I also used a tanning bed for the first time if that ha.s anything to due with this.ive used vinegar on my penis to see if anything would turn white and nothing has
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in .

I have gone through your photos and I feel that brown spot you are describing can be Seborrheic keratosis or penile lentigenes.

I would also like to know

a)Since when you have this spot?
b)Is it raised or flat?
c)does it itch or pain?

Please answer the following to help you better.

Anticipating your response.

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Have small brown patches on penis, shaft. Had sex with genital warts infected person. Applied vinegar. Now? 8 minutes later
Ive had them for about a month and a half not raised i asked the person if they had been checked and had a pap smear and everything was normal. I have used different condoms than i use to if that helps. It itches a little but no pain and not often. Also they seem to be flush with the rest of my skin. Also it burns a little when i pee and feels like i have something at the tip of my penis sometimes. What is penile lentigenes? Thank you so much for your help

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for details.

The pigmentation you are describing appears to be absolutely normal.

Brown to black pigmentation ove penis is very common in sexually active adults.

It can be postinflammatory hyperpigmentation related to sexual act and masturbation.

It does not cause any symptoms and does not progress much.

No treatment is warranted in this case.

Burning on tip of penis is different issue.And not related to pigmentation.

Your pigmentation is not related to warts or any sexually transmitted disease in any way. It is a benign pigmentation and not any disease.For this no treatment is needed.

Hope this helps you.
I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan