Have small blue colored spot on inferior lip. Suggest?

I have a small spot colour blue dark on inferior lip right side,no hurt, try to wash it for 8 months now.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 24 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
From your description, the possible diagnosis includes pyogenic granuloma, mucocoel and melanocytic nevus. It would help me if you could provide additional details and also attach a photograph of the affected area using the site's uploader.
1. How big is the lesion?
2. Is it the same size since 8 months or is it increasing in size?
3. Do you smoke?
Please give me these details so we can assess better.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Follow-up: Have small blue colored spot on inferior lip. Suggest? 23 hours later

1.- Very little not even quarter of inch, maybe less

2.- Yes has been same size since 8 months

3.- No never smoke in my life

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 26 hours later

I will still think of the possibilities that I have mentioned above. Without an opportunity to see the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition.

Please upload a photo of the lesion so that I can assess better.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

If it is a melanocytic nevus, you can leave it alone. If it is pyogenic granuloma or mucocele you can cauterize it using electrosurgery. For that you need to consult dermatologist.

Waiting to see the photo.

Follow-up: Have small blue colored spot on inferior lip. Suggest? 22 hours later
Thanks Doc, sent already 2 photos
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 25 hours later

Thanks for the pictures.

What you are having looks like mucocele. It is a false cyst formed due to spillage of mucus secreted from minor salivary glands of your lip. Minor trauma would have triggered it.

I would recommend you to see a dermatologist for removing the lesion. It needs surgical methods for removal, Electrocauterization, Ablative laser, Radiofrequency ablation or cryotherapy. It will be a minor procedure and you need not worry.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.