Have small blister like pus underneath scrotum. What does this indicate?

If I have small blister like pus lumps under Neath my scrotum what does this mean
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 56 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different possibilities. The rash can be related to an allergic response to any chemical that would have come in to contact with the skin in this area such as creams, soaps, detergents. If it is related to an allergy, the area may also be red and itchy.

If this is the case then treatment would involve the use a topical steroid cream to reduce the inflammatory response and an oral antihistamine.
These can be obtained over the counter, an example of a topical steroid cream is hydrocortisone.

The other possible causes are: (1) bacterial infection involving non sexually transmitted bacteria. Infections can sometimes occur as a result of bacteria that are present on the surface of the skin- this case the area would also appear red, there may be mild swelling, pain, pus may be present in the 'bumps'.This would be treated with topical antibiotics if the infection is mild , oral would be used if there is no response to the topical medication.

(2) sexually transmitted infections- the only sexually transmitted infection that is potentially associated with lesions or bumps is herpes. The other sexually transmitted infections would most commonly be associated with penile discharge and pain on urination.
Herpes would be associated with a painful rash.This rash would then open to form painful ulcers.
The use of anti viral medication such as vancyclovir or acyclovir would be helpful to decrease the pain and help with faster healing.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment to find out the exact cause.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions