Have small black bump on lower lip. How to remove this?

I have a small black bump on my lower lip, it is hard, feels like a pebble under the surface. It is on the top of my lip, not inside my mouth, but I did chew when I was younger
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to know a few more details before I can answer your concerns:
1) How long has this bump been there?
2) Is it painful or has any sensation?
3) Is it of the same size since you have noticed?
4) You said it is black it the skin colour of your limp above the bump.
It would be very nice if you could upload a photograph of the said lesion along with your question.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Have small black bump on lower lip. How to remove this? 5 minutes later
1. It has been there about a month
2. It is not painful, just notice it due to the sensation of a tiny pebble like feeling
3. The size seems to be the same
4. It almost looks like a blackhead, black small dot
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting further information.
From the description that you have given, it appears that there could have been a hematoma which has fibrosed. Hematoma is a collection of blood brought about by any small trauma. If not resolved, it gets fibrosed and then given a firm feeling and black colour.
You need to show it to a surgeon who can have a look at it.
You should be concerned if the size increases or if the skin over the lesion ulcerates. In that case you will have to get a biopsy done and get it checked.
The rare but something to worry about cause could be a malignancy which occursmostly on face and is black in colour. But then it should increase in size or can ulcerate.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.