Have slow hair growth rate. What should be done?

I am from India. I have a confusion over my hair growth. My hair grows at very lesser rate, which is most likelu bcause my protein intake is less. I am taking of care of this intake now ,is there anything i can do in terms of shampoo or oiling methods. Please suggest
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Hair growth is dependent on nutrition ,hormones,genetic and environmental factors.

For good hair growth you can take lot of fruits and fruit juices XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, groundnuts and jaggery .

Also you can take multivitamin supplements. These are specific vitamins ,minerals, amino acids combination tablets which are essential for hair growth. ALAMINE FORTE is one such combination. It contains biotin, iron copper, cysteine, methionine etc.
You can take one capsule daily after meals.

Regarding shampoo and hair oil, they dont play much role in hair growth.
Still you can use REPAIR shampoo and Keratex hair oil.

Keep the hair and scalp clean. Keeping hair protected from heat, sunlight and harsh chemical dyes will also help.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Follow-up: Have slow hair growth rate. What should be done? 4 hours later
Thank you doctor. I shall follow up with the prescribed solutions.
Just to add in, is there any need that I have to wash my hair every day. Or rather how many times is suitable for me? .
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later
Hi again,

There is no need to wash hairs daily.
Two to three washes per week is sufficient.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Have slow hair growth rate. What should be done? 49 minutes later
Sure. Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 11 minutes later
You are welcome .

Dr Sudarshan