Have slip disc problem. Feeling giddiness, heaviness and numbness in leg. Any suggestion?

I have a Slip Disc problem for L4 L% and now in the neck also C5 C6 and from last 15 days i am feeling lot of giddiness, Heaviness in Head, very less energy in legs , numness in left leg pain in back and left leg till foot. I had consulted the doctor he has given me Betavert 16 - 3 tablets a day, Ramus-SR - 1 tablet a day and one calicium tablet a day. but i am still in the same state i had taken the medicine for 1 week he said i have to take the medicine 2 weeks .Please suggest as giddiness is giving me lot of problem
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Betavert 16 contains Betahistine 16mg which is one of the potent antivertigo medication.I agree with your doctor saying that it needs some time in weeks for the medication to show optimum effect.Meanwhile you can take Electrol powders or Oral Rehydration solutions which improve the electrolyte concentrations of the endolymph in the inner ear ,blood and increase the energy levels.Thus help to maintain the balance temporarily.

The numbness and the pain in the legs if are progressive then you may have to get an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan to determine worsening of the slip disc which could be causing continued compression on the nerve roots.Surgery has to be planned accordingly to treat the condition before it result in complete paresis.

Do continue on the medications advised by your doctor they are very effective when taken exactly according to recommended dosage and course.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do ask if any doubts.