Have slightly vertical and lazy eye. Cause and treatment?

I have a lazy left eye but it rarely turns in unless tired or drinking, but cosmetically my right good eye is turning out and slightly vertical.? What is the cause and is there a treatment?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Muscular imbalances occur in cases of lazy eye.Such problems are not managed by conservative means and require surgical intervention.
These problems are managed by the age of 12 years at the most.
what is needed is a proper orthoptic assessment to understand the level of all the ocular muscles,then the further course of management is to be decided.
In the meanwhile you have to take care of yourself,what we call as life style management,proper diet,rest and exercises will take care of any further deterioration.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.