Have slightly swollen and tingling calf. Should I be concerned?

Slightly swollen right calf; also tingly. Need for concern?
Previous DVT in that leg more than 10 years ago. This comes and goes.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Regarding the symptoms which you have described I would recommend that you proceed to see your physician or to a local hospital for examination. Very likely the physician will recommend an ultrasound of your lower leg.

It is very difficult to rule out a thrombosis without performing this ultrasound procedure. Since you do have a history of a XXXXXXX venous thrombosis in the past this is a reason why I would recommend that you obtain an examination as soon as possible. There is really no way to rule this out without obtaining this ultrasound.

Again I would recommend that you see your doctor or go to a local hospital. Thank you for sending your question. If you have any follow-up concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert