Have slightly raised soft lump on the centre of forehead at the scalp. Concerned

Thank you for taking my question.

My son has a slightly raised soft lump on the center of his forehead at the scalp level. It is about the size of a quarter and not painful. It has been there for a couple of weeks and is not painful but causing me concern.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 13 minutes later

Thank you for writing to us.

I would need a little more information in order to help you better:
a. How did your 21 year old develop the lump? Did he hurt himself?
b. What is its consistency?
c. Is it growing in size?
It would be great if you can take a picture and upload it using the 'Upload your pictures' facility.

If it has been there for a couple of weeks and not increasing in size and soft in consistency then most probably it can be a lipoma - a collection of fat cells. If it is disturbing him then it can be removed, otherwise we can wait and watch.
Wishing you the best.