Have slightly low alkaline phosphatase, low calcium and low white blood cell count. What does this indicate?

Hi , I have slightly low alkaline phosphatase and mildly Low Ast and slightly low calcium and slightly low white blood cell count...What could this indicate
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Kindly do type in the reports with the test result readings.This will enable me to understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Have slightly low alkaline phosphatase, low calcium and low white blood cell count. What does this indicate? 22 minutes later
my alk phos was 45 the range is 50-136
my corrected calcium was 8'6 range is 8.7 -10'5
my ast was 8 and the range is 15-37
and my wbc was 3.9 the range is 4.0-10.4
thats everything that was abnormal
I have been experiencing fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, my heart has been beating rapid sometimes and the slow sometimes. Waking up with rapid heartbeat and chest and upper back pain and burning. My hands and feet go numb at night sometimes, I wake up with it..I feel some pressure where my thyroid is too .. My bones even seem to ache sometimes. I feel slightly altered in my consciousness.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The values provided though out of range by a narrow difference, cannot be considered to arrive at a diagnosis.

Well, such readings can be obtained in nutritional disorders like Vitamin and protein deficiencies .Improving the nutrition and taking Multivitamin supplements will be a better management.

The symptoms you have appear to be unrelated to the test reukts.The AST and the Alkaline Phosphatase are seen deranged in liver disorders.WBC count is very narrowly low to be commented on.

I would ask you to ascertain the cardiac well being as the symptoms you have can be seen in heart disorders.A test called holter EKG would help to know any rhythm disorders which lead to mismatched circulation and perfusion.Such kind of circulatory disturbance leads to the palpitations, pains and numbness in different parts of the body.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.