Have slight pain on side of neck and tingling in arms but no pain. CAT Scan was normal. Underlying cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have slight pain on right side of my neck and my left arm has been tingling like it's asleep for about 4 days but no pain. I had a cat scan and it was fine. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 52 minutes later

The pain that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular pain most likely caused by a wrong body posture.

Tingling in your arm could be due to temporary compression of nerve fibres by muscle spasm.
As your CAT scan is normal, you need not to worry.

Taking mild pain killers and muscle relaxants will bring a short term relief. Regular stretching exercise will be helpful. You can do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area to relieve the spasm.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Dr Saurabh Gupta.