Have skin tag on scrotum. Suspected for warts. Any suggestion?

Im 32 Male 6'3 and in good health. I saw my Urologist to day for a removal of what he originally thought a skin tag at the bottom of my scrotum were the leg meets the scrotum. After the procedure he said upon a closer look the skin tag could be a wart. Im very concerned by this. He said it was not an STD but is it possible to get warts in the genital area that are not stds?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

All genital warts are caused by a sexually transmitted infection called human papillomavirus (HPV). The location is very specific for this virus.

Unless you have a wart-like presentation all over your body (neurofibromatosis), the only possibility for genital warts is HPV.

If this is not a wart and is more like a papule or nodule on the skin, this could be a viral infection called Molluscum contagiosum.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.