Have skin psoriasis. Noticed skin peeling rashes on fingers. What am I suffering from?

Jul 2012

i have Skin psoraises for the last 7 years, its generally under control through local ointments and usually calm when in ZERO STRESS ZONE. I notice some allegies on my fingers when i touch paint/varnish, hold plastic pen. Its Rash like, skin peeling kind of situation. 3 months back i touched quick stick glue, even till today i have that alergy desribed. What is the condition I am suffering from and what should i do for remedy.

Pls help.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 22 minutes later
Hello there.
I take it at the outset your skin condition of psoriasis was diagnosed & been confirmed with a skin biopsy & histopathology report.
I read with interests your multiple allergies. The condition you suffer from remains most probably contact dermatitis to the glue stick & presume you are on steroid ointments. The only remedy is 'prevention' cliched as it sounds! Please remember to use 'cotton liners' inside the regular gloves akin to a cricket wicketkeeper or a baseball catcher.
There are some 'preventive creams' but names vary in different parts of the world. Dermofilia is one that comes to mind. Excipial protect hand cream is another. You may get these over the counter.
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Have skin psoriasis. Noticed skin peeling rashes on fingers. What am I suffering from? 44 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

There was no skin biospsy or any other test. The doctor diagonsed based on classical symptoms by seeing patches at elbow, knees, buttocks, etc. I belive my brother had gone through these test, who was diagnosed 4 years prior to mine.

I didnt understand, where to use cotton liners. Pls elaborte. Worth mentionening I rarely use underwears. Is it ok.

I am in Bahrain, what creams , atleast by composition can i ask the pharmacist, in lieu of Dermofilia or Excipial, etc

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX.

I am always hesitant to label a person as having Psoriasis sans a skin biopsy as it is a long term diagnosis but that is just me. It is possible some others' feel differently.
Cotton liners are like inner gloves to be worn on the hands at all times & then slip them inside outer rubber gloves so that at all times, the hands are not in contact with the potential allergens including the latex or other material of the rubber gloves.
The creams i mentioned are available in the GCC. I worked for a decade recently in abu-dhabi & speak from experience.
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Rodrigues.
Follow-up: Have skin psoriasis. Noticed skin peeling rashes on fingers. What am I suffering from? 2 days later

Pls tell me what is name of the test i should conduct for biopsy.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
The test you need is a 'skin biopsy' & to be examined by histopathological analysis. XXXXXXX up with a dermatologist & he/she would be happy to do it for you am sure.
Cheers & Good Luck. If done, pls close the query & send in a rating as it bounces bk as a follow-up otherwise.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD