Have skin infections. Getting dark round scar spots. What is causing this and how to get cured?

I have dark skin (Hispanic). I keep getting skin infections of some sort that leave dark round scar spots. Is there something I can take to get rid of the dark scars? And what is causing the skin infections? They start like small bug bites than turn to dead skin that doesn't heal. They don't heal right away and when they do they stay as brown spots (scars). I get them mostly on my legs and buttocks. Would u like me to send pics?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 13 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Skin infections like bacterial infections can occur in persons who wear tight clothes, sweat a lot or are into a profession of excessive dust exposure.
Also, people who use hair removal creams, undergo waxing, etc are prone to bacterial infections.
A wheatish complexion suggests that you would get a darker pigmented lesion after the bacterial infection subsides and though most of the times it might fade away, sometimes a scar XXXXXXX might remain.
In order to prevent such scars, one should get a treatment for the existing lesions and procedures as mentioned should be done with utmost care.
If you can upload a picture of the infection, I would be able to guide you on how you can prevent and treat this condition. You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Have skin infections. Getting dark round scar spots. What is causing this and how to get cured? 9 days later
Here are some pictures of the scars I keep getting. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them. Is there a product that I can use? How long will I see improvement? Any food I should eat for healthy skin?

Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 20 hours later
Dear Patient,
Thanks for your query and sorry for the delay in replying.
The marks seen in the pictures are suggestive of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and crusting.
A topical cream of mild steroid and a depigmenting agent like kojic acid, hydroquinone etc can treat such pigmentation marks.
Such creams are prescription drugs and need a dermatologists in person visit and prescription.

Dr.Rohit Batra