Have skin flakes on the outer side of nose. Temporary relief from quadriderm. Any cure?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor

Skin flakes are getting deposited on the outer side of my nose and when I am applying cream it is going off temporarily , have applied Quadriderm cream but symptoms are relapsing
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 20 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query,

I guess you have skin flakes by the sides or fold of nose .This condition is known as seborrheic dermatitis .It is because of excess oil secretion and fungal infection.Some people have a tendency to develop this and some have associated dandruff too along with this.

The cream you are using is not a right choice ,as its a combination of four different constituents( that's how the name comes Quadry).

I would suggest you to mix ketoconazole cream along with hydrocortisone cream and apply once a day.Along with this I would also suggest you to take oral anti-fungal tablet like fluconazole once a week for at-least four weeks.

Since these are prescription based creams and tablets ,I would advice you to consult a dermatologist for proper prescription.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Have skin flakes on the outer side of nose. Temporary relief from quadriderm. Any cure? 5 hours later
Thnx Dr Chawda

at present I am using Zole F lotion for last 1 month to treat infection in nail of big toe in my leg caused by water, infection has stopped but the color of nail is still black, pl suggest any better treatment

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 17 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back,

I guess you had Paronychia on the toe nail,which is nothing but infection around the nails which is associated with pain and redness.

If the infection , pain or swelling has subsided then you don't need to take any treatment apart from precaution .You should see that the toe is not wet for a very long time.The black discoloration would go on its own and would take at-least a month or two to go.You don't need to take any treatment for that,until unless you have yellow discoloration which is a sign of fungal infection.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.