Have skenes gland cyst. Will I have urine problems in future?

May 2013
If i have a skenes gland cyst/absess does this mean that i will have urine problems in the future or not be able to have a sexual relationship with my husband/
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 days later

Skenes gland or para-urethral glands will be located on the sides of the lower part of urethra. And their ducts will open into urethra.
It is said that they are having lubricating function during intercourse.
When the gland duct gets blocked cyst will form and when the cyst gets infected abscess will form.
You have to be treated for this by antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Recurrent cysts or abscess may need surgical excision.
But this may not affect the urinary function or sexual function.
As these are located by the side of urethra, they may not obstruct the urethral opening unless the cyst size is large.
And other glands like bartholin glands can fulfill the lubrication function, so these cysts may not affect the sexual relationship.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.