Have sinus problem, borderline diabetes with raised cholesterol. What is the required treatment?

Jan 2013

I have suffered form sinus on and off...the past 4 days i have had lighthead feeling pain inside the bridge of nose and tender base of my neck. About 6 month ago i have also had a complete blood test and all was fine except bordeline diabetic and cholestorol was on the high region. Today i went to gym still felling a little lightheaded and while i was doing weights i felt like a panick attack with slight shakes went pale and felt weak head also feels like pressure...i am not hungry and kind of upset stomach.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 57 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Let me know the associated symptoms along with light head feeling.
Do you have sweating/ chest pain/ squeezing sensation in chest?
Do you have sneezing/ running nose/ blocked nose for most of the days in a month?
Do you have Electrocardiography (ECG) yet before? What was the report?
What was your fasting & postprandial blood sugar level?
What was your lipid profile status?
What is your blood pressure presently?

As you have borderline diabetes with raised cholesterol, there is high chances of heart disease also.
Light head feeling could be due to decreased blood supply to brain.
Localized sinusitis may also cause the same feeling.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist & ENT surgeon simultaneously and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for blood sugar both fasting & postprandial, lipid profile, x XXXXXXX PNS view, CT/ MRI scan brain along with sinus status, carotid intima media thickness in both common carotid artery (this artery is present in neck and obstruction may cause decreased brain blood supply).
If neurological examination, ENT examination and all above prescribed investigations are normal, then possibility of panic attacks should be thought.
Abdomen gets upset due to anxiety and panic attacks.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava