Ask a Homeopath   »  

Have sinus problem, blocked nose. Done operation for extra growth in nose. Any remedies in homeopathy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having sinus problem Some times my nose will be blocked during night times
I had an operation for extra growth in nose about 25 years back. After a long gap i got this problem again Is there any remedies in homeopathy
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from acute sinusitis which is infection of sinuses( air filled spaces in skull behind forehead,nasal bones,cheeks and eyes).
Acute sinusitis is usually caused by bacterial infection in the sinuses that results from an homeopathic treatment will help you in the infective cause.
However the best treatment for stuffy nose is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the buildup of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water helps a lot. Other than that, avoid eating indigestible, spicy, foods and meats and eat simple wholesome foods. Out-of-door exercise, sunbaths also help a lot.
You may also use nasal sprays containing antihistaminics or corticosteroids but these are to be taken under prescription. If you have fever or the cough is worsening then you may need a course of antibiotics as well.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.