Have sinus pressure and constant runny nose. What medication should I take to get relief?

nasal Swollen gland on left side, sinus pressure, constant mucus/runny nose. Been going on for about 2 weeks now. Tried some left over amoxacilin the past 2 days and no change. Anything otc that i can take for relief? I dont have insurance to see a dr
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It sounds like you have sinusitis. The following measures would help:
a. Tablet Allegra 180 mg one tablet once daily for 5 days
b. Tablet Tylenol 1 tablet every 6 hours for 2-3 days
c. Tablet Benadryl 50 mg twice daily for 5 days. This will make you sleepy. So make sure you're not driving or handling any machinery at this time.
d. Steam inhalation and gargling with warm water will also help

If it does not improve within 3-4 days, please see your physician. You would then need a prescription for an antibiotic.
I hope I have addressed your concerns
Let me know if you have more questions