Have sinus infection, nausea, heart palpitation and neck pain. Taking antibiotic. Any effective medicine?

I have a sinus infection and nausea, also some heart palipations that last 20 minutes or so. Went to doctors and was put on antibiotics for sinus infection. This morning felt palipations, chest pressure going into my neck, shoulders & collar bone that lasted a few hours and has still not completely gone away; still pain in the right side of my neck into my collar bone.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later

Sinus infections and palpitations and usually not related.

In your case it may be due to. .
1.Thyroid disorder.
2. Adverse drug reaction.
3. Rarely, myocardial infarction

I would like to know, the following..
1. Are You suffering from hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism ?
2. Are you taking any medication for the thyroid disorder ?
3. Which antibiotic has been prescribed by your doctor ?
4. Did you experience similar palpitations any time in the past ? If yes, was there any chest pain or feeling of heaviness in the chest with sweating.

Kindly answer the above to help me in finding out a cause for your palpitations.

Thank you.