Have sinus infection led bronchitis. Having lump in throat. Causing some hyperventilation. What to do?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Was sick with sinus infection for about a week then it led to bronchitis for about another week and now I'm having a lump in the side of my throat, head generally feels clogged along with ears and its making me feel like my throat is closing which is causing some hyperventilation. I do have some anxiety/panic attack issues which may play into the hyperventilation, but the closing of the throat feeling makes me feel as if its harder to breathe
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sinusitis -->Pharyngitis-->Bronchitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query
You have sinus infection about 1 week ago. There is a high correlation between sinus infection and bronchitis . For some people, having a sinus infection will ultimately lead to bronchitis. So, it is important to treat any sinus infection quickly and properly.
Lump in the side of throat may be due to tonsillopharyngitis because of sinus infection.
Please specify any history of similar episode in the past.

You are on Mucinex DM, psudophedrine, flonase, Ativan but no antibiotics and self care .

First go through the proper medical treatment and self care -->
Apply a warm, moist cotton pad to your face 12 times a day.
Drink plenty of fluids to thin the mucus.
Inhale steam 5 times a day .
Nasal saline spray 7 times a day.
Use a humidifier.
To flush the sinuses use a Neti pot .

I personally recommend you X XXXXXXX paranasl sinuses and X XXXXXXX Chest PA view and consult with your ENT specialist .
In case of any doubt , I will be available to answer them .

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Have sinus infection led bronchitis. Having lump in throat. Causing some hyperventilation. What to do? 9 minutes later
When I get sick I usually get bronchitis following, but this lump on the side of my throat doesnt usually happen at the end of bronchitis in the past and Im concerned with any possibility of my throat closing. So Im wondering if antibiotics are needed or if something else is going on? Thank you for your time and response

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics are needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up
According to you When you get sick you usually get bronchitis following, but this lump on the side of your throat doesnt usually happen at the end of bronchitis in the past and you are concerned with any possibility of your throat closing.
These all finding after recurrent infection suggest that you may have inflammatory condition in your pharynx , also according to your age - 29 year male.
Better to go for Throat swab and culture and and antibiotic sensitivity , for better prescription of antibiotics.
wish you good health
regards

Follow-up: Have sinus infection led bronchitis. Having lump in throat. Causing some hyperventilation. What to do? 14 minutes later
Before the bronchitis when i had the sinus infection they did a throat swab and tested it and found nothing. Anything i can do for the lump?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 32 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up query.

In this condition, I personally recommend Tablet Loxof AZ for 7 days to my patients. In case, it does not subside in 7 days then you may opt for CT scan Neck with nasopharynx.

With good self care and supportive treatment, you should be fine soon.

If you have any doubt , I will be available to answer your query.