Have sinus headache. What are the treatment available?

ENT Specialist
How is sinus headache treated and which is the most feasible solution for this, do I need to take medicine in long term or will be going with surgery?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query regarding sinus headache.
I have gone through your clinical history and as you said that, you have recurrent attacks of headache, which are associated with increase pressure in sinus and are concern with change in position of head.
To treat sinusitis these few basic investigations are necessary as line of action depends on these investigations-
(1) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses.
(2) Culture and sensitivity of nasal swab.
(3) Blood - CBC, ESR, blood- fasting & post prandial.
(4) Urine R & M.
Depending on the reports of investigations and co-relations with findings of clinical examinations modalities of treatment is decided. Basically there are two modalities of treatment-
(1) Conservative- i.e. by medicines this includes use of antibiotics, anti inflammatory, decongestant and steam inhalation. If this conservative method fails than surgery is the only answer.
(2) Surgery- This is the most effective way to treat chronic sinusitis. This operation is named as FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery).
I hope you query is explained.

With Regards.