Have sinus congestion, headache, post nasal drip, sore throat, phlegm, cough. No fever. Your thoughts?

I have been in a new relationship since May at which time I came down with an upper respiratory infection immediately after first having intercourse with him & prescribed anitbiotics & steroids. It cleared up but for the last two weeks I have had sinus congestion, headache, post nasal drip which causes sore throat & phlegmy cough. No fever however I did sweat last night I'm thinking relating to my down comforter covering my feet and lower legs. Possibly have one swollen lymph node on left side of neck & groin (which I always have due to shaving per my gyn.) I have read that congestion & phlegm is not a sign of ARS...what are your thoughts?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

ARS would not occur that quickly after exposure. If you are truly concerned about that you and your partner should be tested for underlying infections etc.

Colds...leading to bronchitis and sinusitis can linger on for weeks. You may need a stronger antibiotic and maybe a steroid at the same time.

I hope this helps.