Have sinus and pain below rib. What am I suffering from?

Jan 2013

I have sinus, from last two days i observed pain at below ribs at left side. I'm feeling like a muscle catch. Also, observed that I had the pain when I cough or sneeze even when laughing. What could be the problem?
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
You are most likely suffering from acute upper respiratory tract infection with muscle ache.
Presence of cough, sneeze with pain at ribs suggest the diagnosis.
With frequent cough, chest muscle and abdominal muscle gets fatigued (cough requires simultaneous use of abdominal and chest muscle) and because of accumulation of lactic acid, patients starts feeling pain in the affected muscles.

There may also be possibility of spread of infection in lower respiratory tract and involvement of affected pleura (covering of lungs) may cause pain.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should get thorough check up.
Chest x XXXXXXX will clarify the involvement of lower respiratory tract.

Though upper respiratory tract infections are mostly viral in origin, still you should take complete antibiotic course for preventing secondary bacterial infection.
You should also take muscle relaxants, decongestants along with cough suppressants for better relief.
Your pain doesn't appear to be due to kidney stones.
Hope this helps you.
Put your queries if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have sinus and pain below rib. What am I suffering from? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Will have a thorough check up.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 minutes later
All the best,
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava