Have siactic nerve acting up. Had quad-replacement of heart arterys. Connection?

I have the siactic nerve acting up. Recently I had quad-replacement of the heart arterys. Any connection?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Omer 21 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

I am happy that you have recovered from replacement of quadriple vessel of heart( CABG).

As you have said that you are hypertensive ( age related) , HBa1c = 6.8 ( mildly high) .

Degenerative lower back vertebras disease is a common finding in most of the population above 60 years , meaning your lower back vertebras have degenerated , with displaced disc ( cushion between the vertebras ) , causing pressure on your nerves.

When the pressure on nerves arising from your lower vertebras especially L3-L4-L5 , then you feel a pain radiating at back of your leg known as sciatica.

Usually long bed rest can cause aggravation of sciatica like after cardiac by-pass surgery.

I would recommend to review by neurologist for MRI lower back , with pain killers , nerve stabilizing agent + calcium supplements + muscle relaxant will solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any further questions.