Have shortness of breath and took antibiotics. X-ray is clear. Can pneumonia permanently damage lungs?

can walking pneumonia permanently damage lungs, after 4 weeks i still am short of breath and don't feel great
i took anti biotics and my xray is clear,will time help me improve, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out associated and other conditions

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Walking pneumonia is a lay man term used to describe atypical pneumonia caused by bacteria like Mycoplama etc. Sensitive antibiotics that are usually used are Azithromycin and Levofloxacin. Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Usually you got to feel better within few days if the diagnosis is correct and sensitive antibiotics are used. It would not cause serious permanent harm on your lungs. If you aren't feeling better after 4 weeks therapy with sensitive antibiotics, then it should point to alternate conditions or other associated conditions.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth through this Url link:
Wish you good health.