Have shortness of breath. Taking Losartan. Thyroid removed, taking Synthroid. Thermal imaging showed inflammation of lungs. Suggest

For the past 10 years, I have been on blood pressure medicine ( Atenelol 50 MG daily). And was just added Losartan HTZ this week. 3-1/2 years ago I had my thyroid removed and am taking Synthroid 125 mg daily. But, for the past 3 years I have been experiencing shortness of breath when I walk a short distance, go up a few stairs, drink from a water bottle, or talk for more than 5 minutes. I have had the chest xrays, some breathing tests, and an extensive blood panel completed. They all came out normal. Last month I had thermal imaging done of my whole body... it showed inflamation of the lungs ( or higher heat than normal). Today, it is so bad that I find myself constantly trying to catch my breath. Not sure what this could be or which type of dr I should visit.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Have shortness of breath. Taking Losartan. Thyroid removed, taking Synthroid. Thermal imaging showed inflammation of lungs. Suggest 2 minutes later
By the way, I forgot to mention that I am immediately out of breath when I lift something over 15 pounds.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 55 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

As you rightly put it, the shortness of breath you experience on effort (exertional dysnoea) is very typical of cardiac disease first, then lung disease second. Your medical history with a longstanding history of hypertension deserves a formal exclusion of heart failure. You shall imperatively need to consult a cardiologist, do an ECG and a cardiac ultrasound. All these coupled by a good clinical evaluation shall give for sure a good clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic orientation. It is only after visiting your cardiologist, and doing these exams, and if they are all normal, you will need to move on to a pulmonologist.

For now, I strongly recommend you book an appointment WITH A CARDIOLOGIST. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Best regards as I wish you a quick recovery. Do not hesitate asking any further questions if need be.

Yours Luchuo, MD.