Have shivering hands and head. Looking for medicine and remedy

Pediatrician
Question
I have problem of shivering of hands and head .I intend to know about the right medicines for remedy.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I would like to know the following so as to be able to guide you further:
1. Since when have you noticed this problem?
2. Is it just fine twitching movements of the fingers or coarse movements?
3. Do the movements occur all the time or are present only when some specific movement of the hands or head is being done?
4. What all investigations have been done?
5. Any associated illness or condition?

Some persons have fine movements of the fingers and hands for which no obvious cause can be found. However in a few cases it can occur due to hyperthyroidism. Depending on the cause specific medicines can be suggested, if warranted.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. You are welcome to seek any clarifications that you may require or provide more details about the present condition.

Wishing you all the best..

RKK

Follow-up: Have shivering hands and head. Looking for medicine and remedy 44 hours later
I am having this problem for the past 5 yrs. I was not giving much attention to it. But, when it started happening at some public functions, I was depressed. The movements occur when there are lot of people around or when I attend some public functions. There is no illness. My rest health is fine. I consulted few doctors for this. But, there is no result.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 32 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

By the description provided by you the tremors appear to be anxiety related for which nothing has to be done. Such tremors will not be controlled by any medication. However other possible causes must be ruled out first. It would have been better had you updated us with the investigations done, if any.

Kindly discuss with your treating doctor and if it is anxiety related then the doctor will advise you accordingly and help you in treating your depression too.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts regarding the problems.

Wishing you all the best..

RKK