Have sharp shooting back pain. Done with blood work and MRI. Cause?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
sharp shooting back pain, left side middle. have not done anything heavy to cause this. have had mri and blood work, nothing found.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to muscular spasm.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

It may be due to muscle spasm.

You should do hot fomentation and apply a pain relief gel locally.
Pain killer like Ibuprofen twice a day after meals along with a muscular relaxant like chlorzoxazone and omeprazole 40 mg will help in relieving your symptoms. I treat my patients with these drugs. Your treating doctor will know about these drugs.

I would also suggest that you should get a Kidney Function Test done(if not already done) along with a Urine examination.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.