Have sharp pain on forehead, feels like bump and swelling to side of eyes. Suggest?

i woke up with a very sharp pain in my left frontal part of my forehead/head. It feels like there is a bump on the top of my forehead and it feels like it is swelling to the side of my left eye. Should I be concerned? It almost feels like I bumped my head real hard, but I didn't. Help.

Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In most cases, not a cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

Based on the information provided you could be suffering from any condition listed below:
-Cysts (growths, usually harmless)
-Exposure to toxic agents or daily use cosmetics (containing chemicals)
-Local infections (hair follicle, skin, etc.)
-insect bites
and various others.

In most cases these are just local causes, which are not that serious, and are usually not a cause for concern, but at times a few (rare) serious conditions can also cause a similar presentation; and due to the location, I would recommend a visit to your doctor. So he/she can conduct a physical examination, to find the exact cause and treat it. I understand that a headache is very restricting, not allowing you to go about your daily routine. For this reason, I recommend a visit to your doctor, for rapid relief.

I hope I have explained things well enough. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and a healthy life thereafter.

Best wishes.