Have sharp burning pain in rib area under breast. Worsen with cough, sneeze and hurts to touch. Suggest?

I would like to know what would cause sharp burning pain in my rib area under my left breast. It's worse when I cough, sneeze, some movements and its hurts when touching it. Ive had it for about a month.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some probable causes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
I have got an impression that you probably have cough for one month also, if that is so, this could be one reason for your pain, as muscles of rib area or other upper abdominal region may have acquired some form of injury due to this cough.
There may be some problem with your lungs like abcess, pleuritis or pleural effusion etc.
Other possibility could be a local lesion like abcess or hematoma in that region if you have any history of trauma.
Your XXXXXXX organs like stomach may be causing this pain. In that case there should be a relation to food intake.
This could be a lesion arising from your breast as well.
I suggest you should have X-ray chest & Ultrasound upper abdomen to find out the possible causes.
If possible visit a physician in your area to have clinical evaluation, as such a pain certainly need evaluation by an expert.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues.
Follow-up: Have sharp burning pain in rib area under breast. Worsen with cough, sneeze and hurts to touch. Suggest? 11 minutes later
Thank you cough just came on a few days ago The beginning of August out family went to Disneyland we were on a ride that flings you I was smashed into the railing knocked the wind out of me however the pain did not come about for a few day and it seems as if its getting worse I have made an apt just a little worried
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trauma is number one possibility

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
In that case local trauma is the number one possibility. It could be a damage to your rib cage (bone), muscle or any ligament.
Good to know that you are planning a doctor's visit, hope this will help you a lot.
Hope you get well soon.