Ask a Dentist   »  

Have severe toothache, taken ibuprofen and paracetamol. Is it safe to take Endone?

I have a severe toothache and have taken ibuprofen and also paracetamol it hasn't had much of an effect is it safe for me to take an endone tablet?

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can use it

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

You can use it if the pain has not improved with the paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Endone (oxycodone) is in the opiate family and has a different mechanism of action than the other medications that you have used so there would be no interaction.

If the pain does not resolve, then you may want to consider visiting your dentist in case there is an infection that needs to be treated.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Follow-up: Have severe toothache, taken ibuprofen and paracetamol. Is it safe to take Endone? 12 minutes later
Thank you for your answer its the middle of the night where i live so dentist is not available right now but will head there in morning. again thank you fof your quick response.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
No problem, feel free to contact with any other queries.