Have severe stomach significant flutters. Have high BP and cholesterol. Cause?

General Surgeon
severe upper and lower stomach significant flutters or palpations I can actually see it moving.... started 5 days ago. I am 60 , relative good health........high blood pressure.cholestrol...... I am feeling constant movement.....I was a vascular tech so I ruled out anything related. it is really starting to bother me today.. not brought on by eating......
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopy should be done.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Any bowels movements changes at your age (over 50) should be checked with possible large intestine disease including colon cancer. Please note that every person over the age of 50 should have colonoscopy every 10 year even without any symptoms. its because the risk of colon cancer significantly rises over 50.
If there was no diet change, no recent travel, no stomach infection in last few weeks, you should start with ruling the cancer out.
Such strange palpations or flutters can be caused by intestines which needs to use more force to push the stool.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have colonoscopy done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Have severe stomach significant flutters. Have high BP and cholesterol. Cause? 27 minutes later
had colonoscopy in 2007. negative with a few non cancerous polops ... I want u to tell me if cancer is a probable cause, or is there anything else it could be.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this can be a colon cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Colon cancer actually develops from polyps. So your colonoscopy were not negative.
Yes, colon cancer can be a cause of your symptoms. As well as bad diet, chronic bowels infection, hyperthyroidism, inflammatory bowels diseases.