Have severe stabbing pains in hands and feet. Have Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. Cure?

I have severe stabbing pains in my hands and feet. I could not walk one say because the pain was so severe.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later
thanks for the query,

You have two conditions that manifest with pain; fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. It is likely that the pains you felt are due to an acute exacerbation.

The drugs you are taking are standard drugs indicated for the ostearthritis and fibromyalgia.

The most appropriate thing to do will be to XXXXXXX your treating doctor for a review; physical examination, laboratory tests such as uric acid level to rule out associated gout, rheumatoid factor and other rheumatoid markers to rule out other rheumatoid pathologies and for a drug review; the posology and consideration of addition of the dosage or use of additional drug.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards