Have severe sore throat, with swollen neck glands. Have dark green mucous in throat. Advise?

Two weeks ago started with severe sore throat which I think is linked to glands in my neck rather than throat as they were swollen. I feel dizzy and just want to sleep. Have dark green mucus in my throat (not on chest or in nose) one gland is still swollen. Should I go to doctors? Would anti-biotics help?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Since you have had persistence of infectious symptoms for more than 2 weeks, I believe it is quite reasonable to visit your initial provider again, to determine as you say if there is a bacterial component to the sore throat. The best way to determine so at this juncture is with a swab and culture of the area

Hope this helps wish you the best health blessings.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN