Have severe sleep apnea. Feeling restless and pain between shoulder. Should I be stressed?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi! I suffer from severe sleep apnee, and the whole of today my bpm is 103 breats.... I can feel my cheast is sensitive, and i'm feeling restless, i also have a pain in my neck between my scull and sholders, i don't feel good, any thing i need to be stressed about?

XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 38 minutes later
Hello......
Thanks for your query. OSA/Obstructive sleep apnoea is indeed a difficult condition to deal with. It is associated with anxiety and depressive symptoms.Effective treatment for OSA includes CPAP/Continous positive airway pressure and at times surgical procedures like uvulopalatopharnygeoplasty. You can also contact a clinical psychologist to learn stress reduction strategies. You require a psychiatric evaluation for anxiety/depressive disorder. With effective multi-discplinary management you should be fine. You an also try yoga/meditation/breathing relaxation exercises along with weight reduction measures.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist