Have severe post operative abdominal adhesions. CAT scan done. What to do?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have severe post operative abdominal adhesions, requiring at least 8 lysis procedures. Each time they have found the adhesions have attached my colon to the pelvic bone. This, along with my microscopic collagenous/lymphocytic colitis causes severe diarrhea up to 20x/day. Consistency is watery with minimal stool. Last cat scan showed packed stool in the colon despite the diarrhea. Is it unreasonable for me to ask the surgeon, that with the next lysis procedue, to attach the colon to the abdominal wall in several places so that the adhesions could not alter the direction of flow out of the colon
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Had I been your doctor I would suggest you take good amount of fiber in your diet

Take plenty of fluids orally

Add a probiotic twice a day for atleast four to six weeks

Adding psyllum husk may help bind the stool

Hope this helps
Am Available for followup queries
Wishing you a Speedy recovery