Have severe pimples. What is a permanent solution?

Dermatologist
Question
I am 29 years old and have severe pimples on my face, I have consulted many doctors but never got a complete solution, plase help me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

Acne is a common problem but when it goes past the age of 22-23 years, then a proper evaluation is needed.

Acne eruptions may be due to many factors like PCOS, excessive make up, harsh cleansers etc.

I have a few questions for you..
1. Are your menstrual cycles regular and normal?
2. do you have hair loss?
3. do you have excessive facial hair?
4. how often do you wash your face and remove make up?
5. What treatment have you taken so far?

I need you to answer these questions to get a better understanding of your problem.

Coming to the treatment, be assured that I can help you. I have treated many severe and resistant cases with my combination treatment regimens.

I often combine medical, surgical and peeling treatments to give the best and safe results to my patients.

Please upload a picture of your lesions so that I can suggest you the most appropriate treatment. You can do this by using upload my reports feature on the left hand side of the query page or you may send it to YYYY@YYYY sub: attn dr XXXXXXX

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: Have severe pimples. What is a permanent solution? 47 minutes later
Yes
2. do you have hair loss?
Yes
3. do you have excessive facial hair?
No
Thrice in a day
All sorts , last tablet was sotret

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 17 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for your reply.
I think pcos is out. You don't seem to have a problem there.

Please attach your pic so that I can have an idea of the severity of your acne and suggest you the best treatment options.