Have severe painful lump in upper corner of eye lid and feeling dizzy. Worrisome

felt dizzy last night woke up with severe painful lump in upper corner of my eye lid. The lump is white with a blue black center
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 48 minutes later

I would like to know some more details on the lesions you have so that I understand better and opine specifically.

Is the lesion filled with pus ?
How big is the lesion ?
Do you have fever ?

Please do upload an image of the lesion so that I shall have a look at it.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Have severe painful lump in upper corner of eye lid and feeling dizzy. Worrisome 9 hours later
I can't tell if the lump is filled with infection, I do not want to add any kind of pressure to it in the event this is not a stye or a chalazion. The size could be described to 1/2 the size of a top of a pencil eraser. I do not have a fever. I can't get a photo of the actual lump because it is up high under the corner of my upper eye lid.
Also I need to add, I have had styes and also I've had a chalazion over the years. The pain I am having is not just localized to the lump as in the past years when I home treated styes and a chalazion. The pain radiates around the entire orbital area of the eye socket and becomes severe when palpitated
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Based on your description it appears to be a folliculitis in response to a foreign agent or a non specific immune reaction.

I agree with you in the chalazion and the stye the pain is often radiating and diffuse.The lesion you have now presenting with localized pain could not be either but a similar one with less inflammation and no infection.Such lesions are commonly seen singly and due to non specific immune reaction or as reaction to a foreign agent.

A anti-inflammatory medication like tab Motrin 400 taken twice daily after food would help by reducing the inflammation in the lesion.

Do not try to pop the lesion if it is not pus filled or you are not sure of it being pus filled.This can lead to a non healing ulcer.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.