Have severe pain in tail bone. X-ray and CT scan shown growth. Uncontrolled bowel movements. Cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have severe pain in my tailbone. An xray and CT scan show a growth. I also have uncontrolled bowel movements once or twice a week. What kind of doctor should I see?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
The severe pain in the tailbone with a visible growth on X-rays means it is a bone related growth. This could be a serious problem and the pressure caused by the growth might be causing the uncontrolled bowel movements that you are having.
It is best to consult a spine surgeon for proper diagnosis and related investigations so that further line of treatment can be decided.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.