Have severe pain in left knee and walking with a stoop. Suggest treatment

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have severe pain in the left knee and front of the left thigh, I am walking with a stoop as to stand straight and walk hurts.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: It seems to be osteoarthritis knee. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us It looks from your details that you are suffering from pain at your knee.Most common reason for knee pain at advanced age is arthritis knee.This can be confirmed by some features which are present in radio-graph or x XXXXXXX of knee. To have relief in osteoarthritis knee,you should do following- -Start doing exercises for quadriceps muscles.You may learn this from your physiotherapist. -Start doing warm fomentation with rubber bag over knee for at least 3 times a day. -Take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve. -There are some dietary substances like glucosamine ,chondroitin sulfate,MSM which can be taken OTC.These substances help in repairing of damaged cartilage of knee in early stages. -Avoid squatting movements at knee. -In early stages exercises, medicines ,joint supplements & intra articular injections are helpful & may revert the changes but in late cases joint replacement is only option. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. If you have no further query, please close the discussion. Wishing you good health... Regards.