Have severe pain in bladder and rectum. What can this be?

Jan 2013

I have severe pain in my bladder and rectum, tried to go for a poo a few times but it is too painful and when I wee it really hurts. What can this be?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 43 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ vomiting/ diarrhea/ fever/ frequent urge to use washroom?
Do you have pain and tender feeling while using paper wipes?
Are you also getting blood in stools?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of anal pathology i.e. anal fissure or hemorrhoids and acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Presence of rectal pain suggests the local anal pathology while increased frequency of poo suggests the gastroenteritis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar, serum electrolytes, and thyroid profile.

You should take plenty of water, high fibre diet and laxatives containing lactitol and isapgula. Passage of stools easily gives soothing effect with healing in anal pathology.
You should perform increased physical activity to maintain gastrointestinal mobility.
You should also take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, antispasmodics and complete antibiotic course.

You should also apply diltiazem ointment at anal area.
You should also take hot sitz bath three times in a day.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava