Have severe pain and loud painful crunching in knees. Tried cortisone injections and hylan injections. Suggest?

I have severe pain and loud painful crunching in my knees. I have tried cortisone injections, hylan injections, lots of PT, drugs like Celebrex and mobic as well as ultram and hydrcodone. I've done neurontin, lyrica, and savella. Nothing but heavy pain meds helps and I really don't want that. MRI shows moderate OA and 40, too young for a replacement. My dress are out of idea. I can't even sleep. Anything new out there?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem the picture is very confusing . But so many problems at such young age does not seem convincing . Any ways am really sorry to tell you this but all existing treatment of Osteoarthritis you have already tried . There are no new modalities as if now .

But you should regularly do quadriceps exercises they are going to help you a lot as they take off the weight from knees plus avoid sitting down and frequent climbing of stairs . Other thing is usage of topical pain relieving gels rather then oral pain killers will minimise the side effects of these pain relieving medicines a lot . They may not relieve the pain on their own but will be help in reducing the dose of oral pain killers .

Also get checked your Serum calcium and vitamin D levels at regular intervals .

Dr. Shruti