Ask a Homeopath   »  

Have severe itching in the groin area. Suggest alternative soap for 2% ketoconazole soap

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
For groin itching, I got a prescription which states:
2% ketoconazole soap bar
For this can u suggest me any brands.. as I could not find them any where.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Alternative Medicine

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
You can get Keton soap-2% w/v or Denon soap, Denzy soap, etc. 2% Ketoconazole lotion is also available which will be equally effective. You need to use the soap or gel for at least 2 weeks continuously to avoid any recurrences.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Have severe itching in the groin area. Suggest alternative soap for 2% ketoconazole soap 3 minutes later
how about the dark portions of skin would come to normal?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The dark portions of the skin are also likely to clear off over next 4-5 weeks once the infection subsides.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have severe itching in the groin area. Suggest alternative soap for 2% ketoconazole soap 4 minutes later
I got a doctor prescription to use this denzy soap n lamisil cream for the affected areas... is that to be done one after the other or can be done at anytime?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
You can use the soap twice a day and apply the cream in the morning and before going to bed. It is necessary to use these two one after the other.

Follow-up: Have severe itching in the groin area. Suggest alternative soap for 2% ketoconazole soap 1 minute later
Thank you... it says to use gauze when going to bed after applying the lamisil cream. Is it compulsory?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Using a gauze is not necessary.
You can apply a thin layer of the cream after cleaning the area with soap.
Best regards.