Have severe hip pain after gallbladder removal. What to do?

I have severe right hip pain after my gallbladder removed 5 days ago
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Severe right hip pain just 5 days after a gall bladder resection surgery (cholecystectomy) is unrelated,. It is a separate issue. Please get it checked by an orthopedician. You will need to get a x XXXXXXX of the hip bones.
For now I suggest the following

1. Do not engage in exercises until you are better and seen a doctor
2. Hot bags over the area will help relieve pain, diclofenac gel can also be applied three times daily
3. Aceclofenac is the ideal analgesic in this cas, it can be taken upto 2 times a day, do not take it for more than 4 days

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I will be happy to reply