Have severe health anxiety. What to do?

I have severe health anxiety and I am concerned when I go to my GP with a physical problem they will just put it down to anxiety

Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Many issues are related to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Anxiety directly and indirectly can affect the body. Some diseases are psychosomatic. It means that there are some causes from mental which have not been fully known and affect the body. For example stress ulcer or chronic pain disease, fibromyalgia and many other diseases are psychosomatic.
Apart from these issues, some diseases are in a way that person thinks there is some problem, but actually that is an obsession in her mind. These are also related to anxiety.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Follow-up: Have severe health anxiety. What to do? 2 minutes later
If I am focusing on these symptoms will it make them worse
Brief Answer:
It may cause it worse.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, when one is confused, she worries more about them. The best way is to do enough investigation (whatever doctor decides, not whatever the person thinks should be done) to know about other issues. Then you will have less anxiety, and maybe nothing.