Have severe headache, stiff neck, diarrhea and weakness. Easy way to get cure?

Nov 2013

hi i have severe headache and canot stand any light or noise also cant move my neck it is very stiff and temples are throbing, I also have diarreaeh and feel very weak The headache is the worst i have ever had i feel like dying would be a good option right now
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 27 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand your discomfort due to severe headache. However, I would like to tell you that there are excellent medicines available to treat your condition, so, please be hopeful of a good future.

Your symptoms are suggestive of migraine.

For pain relief, you can take sumatriptan or rizatriptan tablets. If the headache does not subside, you may take INJ. Tramadol.

For preventing the relapses of headache, you may take beta blockers, divalproex or topiramate tablets.

If you do not improve, a brain scan may be done later.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Have severe headache, stiff neck, diarrhea and weakness. Easy way to get cure? 7 minutes later
thanks for your reply could it be Meningitis?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Thank you for getting abck.

It is unlikely to be meningitis.

In meningitis, one would expect fever, severe repeated vomiting and alteration of consciousness (drowsiness, etc), in addition to headaches.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)