Have severe hair fall. Use generic shampoo. Suggest solution for hair care and hair wash?

Dear Sir, I have severe hair fall problem.. If I use any generic shampoo it will increase more, please suggest me a solution for hair care and hair wash
Waiting for the reply sir...
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

Most hair loss medical treatment were not affective to restore the lost hair. Since hair fall is mainly due to the genetic make up, I suggest you to work on strategies to reduce further hair fall. I can help you.

let me know what are all the treatments that you had taken yet from different doctors.

However you have hair transplant as better alternative than these medical treatments.
Follow-up: Have severe hair fall. Use generic shampoo. Suggest solution for hair care and hair wash? 4 hours later
Thanks Dr,
Initially I have gone for homeopathy treatment of Dr. Batra for an year, later for minoxidil 5% and 10 %for almost an year
Sir, I don't want new hair but to restore existing hair, please suggest a solution for hair wash also which is a big head ache for me use of any shampoo will cause more hair fall(vatika, clinic plus, head and shoulders)

At present I am using hair vit oil and Sebowash shampoo (cipla) I have attached a photo of my present condition
Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 29 hours later

You have gone through the best of the treatment.

I suggest you to see your previous Dermatologist and see if he can add Finasteride as well along with Minoxidil for new hair growth.

How to prevent further loss.
1) Clean and good hair, wash every third day.
2) Keep hair short
3) Do not go out with wet hair
4) Green leaves, root vegetables
5) Use pH balanced shampoo / moisturizer
6) Get a hair analysis to understand the nature of hair, at a trichology centre
7) Vit E preserves hair health. You can find them as over the counter medicines
8) Tab BIOTIN FORTE 10mg, once a day for three months. This is available over the counter.

Hope this helps.
Thank you sir,
I will follow the valuable suggestions of you
Here are my last query
1. what's best shampoo for daily use long I should take biotin and vitamin E tablet so that I shouldn't have any side effects
Looking forward for your answer
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

Best shampoo depends upon the nature of the hair. Hence I was asking to undergo hair analysis and recommendations. In simple words choose shampoo according to the hair, for oily hair / for dry hair / for normal hair.

You can take these vitamins for 3 months and they would not have side effects.

All the best.