Have severe gastric problem. When can I start eating fried food?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
How soon after a severe gastric episode can i begin to eat fried foods again?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question. What the answer depends on really is the Severity of the gastric episode. If you had some type of all Sir with bleeding I would really try to avoid fried foods for at least three months. If you had some type of mild gastritis or irritation of the stomach lining I would say fried food in moderation can be consumed within about one month.

Thanks again for sending your question. Also One additional recommendation would be that if you do consume fried food you should do so in moderation.

Please let me know if you have any specific concerns for follow-up discussion.

Dr Galamaga

Follow-up: Have severe gastric problem. When can I start eating fried food? 2 minutes later
I had burning but no bleeding. So with in a month, what about things like, pizza, hanburgers, hot dogs, cheese, pasta, rice.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the follow up.

Pasta and rice would be okay to have soon.

I would not have pizza or hamburgers or hotdogs for at least several weeks. Again these are the types of foods that you need to eat in moderation. I would suggest that you also add healthy amounts of vegetables and fruits to your diet as well.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr Galamaga

Follow-up: Have severe gastric problem. When can I start eating fried food? 6 minutes later
Would a month an a half be enough time to start eating pizza or hamburgers or hotdogs. What about eating things with butter or other milk products?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 34 minutes later
Yes six weeks would be adequate to eat any of those foods.

Dr Galamaga

so no milk products for 6 weeks
What about ham and eggs?
also what about beef?
as well as beans?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 hours later
All of those are fine to eat.

Follow-up: Have severe gastric problem. When can I start eating fried food? 6 hours later
bread & mayo?

Fine as well.

Consult closed.