Have severe fatigue and hair loss. Need iron and vitamin C supplements

I need some iron supplements as I am suffering from severe fatigue and hairfall. Also prescribe some Vitamin C supplements.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Fatigue with hair loss could either be due to iron deficiency or thyroid disorder.
I would advise that firstly you get your haemoglobin level and thyroid level done.
As far as supplements are concerned you may start taking livogen once daily. Sometimes iron tablets cause gastric upset so it is better to take it after meals. You can also take limcee or celin once daily as vitamin c supplement.

Also improve your diet. Take green leafy vegetable, pomegranate, liver etc to supplement iron. Also take orange, goose berries, guavas to supplement vitamin c.
Hope that helps.
Should there be any other concern, feel free to write back.
Follow-up: Have severe fatigue and hair loss. Need iron and vitamin C supplements 18 minutes later
can i also opt for some calcium supplement? Also I am taking revital tablet everyday. So should I discontinue that?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 8 hours later
One should not rely on medicines for supplementation.
Though you can take calcium tablets if required. It would be better if you take milk and dairy products and mushrooms to supplement calcium and vitamin d intake.
Revital contains multiple vitamins and minerals. In your age if diet is proper then there is no requirement of such supplements

Hope that helps.
Should there be any query, feel free to write back.